Free life cover exclusions
The policy does not cover the life insured if their death is a direct or indirect result of:
- Suicide or a deliberate act or omission (failure to act) by the life insured (whether sane or insane) which is likely to cause harm to the life insured
- Deliberately taking or using non prescribed drugs
- Engaging in or being part of any conduct that is criminal
- Any diagnosed terminal illness that exists at the cover commencement date (terminal illness means that life expectancy is 12 months or less from the cover commencement date, irrespective of any treatment the life insured may receive)
- Participating or preparing for motor racing or flying (other than as a fare-paying passenger on a commercial airline)
Sovereign will also not pay the free life insurance where the life insured:
- Has received any medical treatment for cancer (including leukaemia and lymphoma) within the previous 12 months of the cover commencement date and where the cause of death is directly or indirectly a result of such cancer.
- Is residing outside of New Zealand at the time of his or her death.
Once registered, please refer to your policy wording for more information.